Remotely sensed data and Geographic Information Systems have been increasingly used together for a vast range of applications, which include land use/land cover mapping, water resource management, weather forecasting, environmental monitoring, agriculture, disaster management etc.. Currently, intensive research is being carried out using remotely sensed data on geoinformatics platform. New developments have led to dynamic advances during recent years. The objective of this conference (GSDEO 2021) is to bring the scientists, academicians, and researchers, in the field of geo-environmental Sciences on a common platform to exchange ideas and their recent findings related to latest advances and applications of geospatial science.
International Conference on GEOSPATIAL SCIENCE FOR DIGITAL EARTH OBSERVATION (GSDEO),2021 (Virtual)-March 26-27,2021
Indian Society of Remote Sensing (ISRS) was established in 1969 as “Indian Society of Photo-Interpretation” with the main objective of advancement and dissemination of Remote Sensing Technology and education by conjunctive use of remote sensing with conventional methods in the fields of survey, planning and management of natural resources and environment by organizing seminars/symposia, and publishing journal, bulletins, proceedings, etc. From its modest beginning with 56 members, the Society has grown into a premier professional body in National-Level with memberships of around 5000, including both individual and Institutional members. There are 26 Chapters of ISRS in India, and ISRS Kolkata Chapter is one of them, which started its journey with 20 members in 1996. The strength of ISRSK is 268 as on Jan 1, 2020, of which 247 are Life Members and 7 are institutional members as on July 4, 2020.
The Department of Geography, Adamas University commenced its classes from the academic session 2015-16 under the School of Sciences (Presently, School of Basic and Applied Sciences). It has well equipped Cartographic, Geoinformatics and Physical Geography Laboratory. The department offers B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Geography, P.G. Diploma in Geoinformatics and Geostatistics and Ph.D. Programs. The department also offers industrial internship to enhance skills of the students and provide job opportunities. The University is enlisted under EDUSAT based outreach programme conducted by IIRS, Dehradun. The department is going to offer M.Sc. In Geoinformatics program from the next academic year.
Authors are solicited to contribute to the conference by submitting extended abstracts that illustrate research results, projects, surveying works and industrial experiences that describe significant advances in geospatial sciences. Extended Abstracts are requested to be submitted to facilitate the oral presentations as well as poster presentations. Authors are requested to send one-page extended abstract as well as the full paper (if they wish to publish their paper in the edited volume).
The extended abstracts should be in Times New Roman (Font Size 11) within one page. The title should be in bold with font size of 14 followed by author(s) name(s) in the next line, and affiliation in the subsequent line(s) as central alignment along with the email ID of the authors. The name of the presenting author should be underlined.
Title: Times New Roman 14 Bold
Authors: Times New Roman 12
Affiliation: Times New Roman 11 Italics
Body: Times New Roman 11 (Word Limit 500), Single spacing
Key Words: Maximum 5
Page Size: A4
Selected papers (full length article) will be published in a Scopus indexed/ UGC Care enlisted edited volume after peer reviewing by the Technical Program Committee.
**Please submit extended abstract and paper online in the “Submission” section.
**Please submit the Registration Form online the “Conference Registration” section.
All abstracts, regardless of their presentation method (Oral/E-Poster), are subject to the same rules for submission and presentation. Accepted Oral and E-poster submissions will be organized by the Technical Program Committee into group subject matter based on preference indicated by the submitter. The Technical Program Committee shall have full authority to assign papers to appropriate Oral and poster sessions. The Technical Program Committee shall have full authority to accept or to reject a paper upon evaluation of the title and the abstract.
Topics of interest for submission include, but are not limited to:
- Application of Geoinformatics in Cartography
- Application of Geoinformatics in Geomorphological Study
- Application of Geoinformatics in Soil Science
- Application of Geoinformatics in LULC change analysis
- Application of Geoinformatics in Hydrological Studies
- Application of Geoinformatics in Geological Investigations
- Application of Geoinformatics in Ecological Studies
- Application of Geoinformatics in Atmospheric Science
- Application of Geoinformatics in Marine Science
- Application of Geoinformatics in Environmental Monitoring
- Application of Geoinformatics in Disaster Management
- Application of Geoinformatics in Resource Management
- Application of Geoinformatics in Urban and Regional Planning
- Application of Geoinformatics in Healthcare Sector
- Application of Geoinformatics in Social Science
|Day 1: |
10:00 am to 10:30 am: Inauguration
10:30 am to 11:00 am: Special Lecture
11:00 am to 01:00 pm: Session I
01:00 pm to 02:00 pm: Lunch Break
02:00 pm to 04:00pm: Session II
|Day 2: |
10:00 am to 10:30 am: Special Lecture
10:30 am to 12:30 am: Session III
12:30 pm to 01:30 pm: Lunch Break
01:30 pm to 03:30 pm: Session IV
03:30 pm to 04:00 pm: Closing Ceremony
Potential session types may include:
- Oral sessions: include pre-recorded presentations with scheduled live Q&A with a group of presenters.
- Poster sessions: include a virtual poster with scheduled chats based on author’s availability.
- AK Raha, IFS (Retd), Former PCCF, DoF, GoWB
- P Chakraborty, Chief Scientist (Retd), DST&B, GoWB
- M Desai, Professor (Retd), NIAS, DoHE, GoWB
- S Bhadury, Former Deputy Director, NATMO, GoI
- Balen Basu, Opsis System Pvt. Ltd.
- Pratik Dash, Khejuri College, Vidyasagar University
- Abira Dutta Roy, B.S. College, Bankura
- Prof. Sanjib Ghosh, Adamas University
- Sunil Kumar De, NEHU
- Prof. S. Bandyopadhaya, University of Calcutta
- Pannalal Das, University of Calcutta
- Prof. Sugata Hazra, Jadavpur University
- Prof. L. Sivaramakrishana, Jadavpur University
- Dr. Basudev Bhatta, Jadavpur University
Prof. Gerald Mills, Department of Geography, University College Dublin
Prof. R.B. Singh, Department of Geography, University of Delhi
Prof. Sugata Hazra, School of Oceanographic Studies, Jadavpur University, Kolkata
Prof. SP Agarwal,Scientist, Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, Dehradun
Prof. Soumya Kanti Ghosh, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
Prof. L. N. Satpati,Professor of Geography and Director, UGC- Human Resource Development Centre, University of Calcutta
Dr. P. ChakrabortyFounder Secretary, ISRSK and Former Chief Scientist, DST&B, GoWB
Dr. A.K. Raha,IFS (Retd), Former PCCF, DoF, GoWB and Emeritus Professor Techno India University
- Abstract Submission Deadline: 7th March 2021
- Abstract Acceptance Notification:by 10th March 2021
- Registration Opens: 1st March 2021
- Registration Closes: 15th March 2021
- Full Paper Submission Deadline: 30th April 2021
Presenters may submit their Registration Fees after receiving Abstract Acceptance Notification. Non-presenter participants may submit their Registration Fees after receiving their participation confirmation from the conference organizers
Registration Fees:For Presentation
Student: Rs 200/-
Research Scholars: Rs 400/-
Academicians/Scientists: Rs 600/-
Industry Persons: Rs 800/-
Sponsorship: 10,000/- to 25,000/-
Only for Participation (All Category): Rs. 100/-
Publication processing fees (if applicable) for each published article in the edited volume will be charged separately. Detail about the publication process will only be shared with authors of accepted papers through email. The publication is not mandatory. The authors have to submit the publication fees (if applicable) only if they wish to publish their paper.
Submission of Registration Fees shall be done through
Net Banking/ NEFT/RTGS to the following account:
Account Holder Name: Indian Society of Remote Sensing, Kolkata Chapter
Account No.: 1537922621
Bank Name: Central Bank of India
Branch Name & Address: Block- DD, Sector-I, Salt Lake, Kolkata- 700064
IFSC No.: CBIN0281353
MICR Code.: 700016045
Please send your transaction details to firstname.lastname@example.org for registration confirmation.
|Dr. A Lahiri (Convener, ISRSK)|
|Ms. D Das (Organizing Secretary, ISRSK)|
|Dr. Tuhin Bhadra (Convener, Adamas University)|
|Dr. Rajib Sarkar (Organizing Secretary, Adamas University)|